Thursday 13 February 2014

My Costume for Today's Performance of Blackout by Davey Anderson

This was the costume that I wore today for our cast's performance of Blackout. The costume 
 is a mimick of what skinheads would wear: a smart buttoned-up shirt, braces and jeans that roll up above your ankles and the waist may be a bit high. This costume allowed me to engage with my character more and really believe in what I was trying to portray within the play when playing the character of a skinhead. Costumes are very important in plays as it helps you to escape from who you are personally and what you would normally wear to explore different characters by looking at different styles of fashion that you may need to incorporate in the content of your play like we had to do for Blackout. 

Overall, I think tonight's performance was a great success as we got standing ovation from some of the audience, positive feedback and the audience was mesmerised by our performance. Although there were one or two minor blips, we applied what we learnt from one of the exercise we did in class (Kaos) and ignored the few mistakes made and carried on professionally. Working on this play helped me grow so much as an actress because I explored different styles of acting, acted out roles that I'm not used to doing and really tried to think outside the box. I think it's extremely important as a performer to be open-minded and think differently as it allows to to explore things more in depth and really come out of your comfort zone. Acting is about taking risks! And that's what I did in this unit and I can't wait to start the next unit to come.  

MY COSTUME:





No comments:

Post a Comment